Sections in the Article
This article gives an overview of the inRiver Integration Framework (IIF) is and its features.
About the Integration Framework
The Integration Framework is the foundation when building adapters and outbound integrations going forward. By providing standard functionality in a standard format, the framework lets you create adapters and integrations with less effort and higher quality.
The Integration Model is configured as a server setting called INTEGRATION_MODEL that applies to all your adapters and/or integrations built using the Integration Framework.
To understand how the configuration of the Integration Model works, read this article.
Below is a summary of the key features of the Integration Framework:
- Transforms each customer’s unique Marketing Model into a standard integration model through configuration only.
- Supports custom EntityTypes.
- Provides out-of-the-box functions for delta functionality.
- Provides standard functions to deliver Product data, Bundles, Catalog data, and Value lists in JSON format.
- Simplifies processing of the feedback data.
Integration Framework Components
Below is an illustration describing the different components of the integration framework.
- The blue blocks are existing systems.
- The green blocks are components provided out of the box as part of the integration framework.
- The orange blocks are target system-specific implementations required.
Read more about the core components of the Integration Framework in this article.
Supported inRiver Concepts
In addition to the standard inRiver functionality, the Integration Framework supports the following inRiver concepts:
- Custom EntityTypes
- Delta processing
- Product variations, including
- SKU as an EntityType
- SKU as a structured field (JSON)
- Softlinks (The use of a CVL field on both source and target entities, to link them together.)
- Multi-channel/Multi-store setup
- Process Feedback loop
- Channel filters
Since the Integration Model is provided as metadata and the available standard functionality provides the required data, there is less need for inRiver-specific skills to create outbound integrations.
Read more about creating adapters using the Integration Framework in this article.
Accessing the Integration Framework
You must have a license agreement in place to download and use the Integration Framework. Interested to learn more? Fill in the Contact us form here for more information.
Once you have a license you will be able to access the download link in this article. Note! If no license is in place you will receive an error message when attempting to use the link.